Sunday, November 2, 2008

For Thor's Sake!

Is anyone else happy that Halloween is over? Putting kids in costumes four different times was a little much this year! Isa decided on Little Red Riding Hood and the boys love the Hiccup Haddock Viking adventures and so Vikings they were.
Amazing what a little tape, milk jug and paint can become!

* Swappy Goodness! I received my swap gift and figure my swap partner received hers and so I can post what I sent! I made the apron from a vintage pillowcase I had picked up from a thrift store. It's my first attempt at at an apron, so it's far from perfect but I was loving it! I also sent a frame I added paper and distressing to but I forgot to take a photo.
I received (it's so fun to receive packages in the mail!) ....
A piece of molding from a house built in the 1890's with some great knobs on it and some apple cider wrapped in a wall paper that I thought was pretty great as well. Thanks, Sarah!

O.K. So here's my mom moment of the week! I stop behind someone at a light and my daughter had been complaining about her stomach hurting and I was not to worried about it, we were on our way home, when she starts to throw up all over the back seat. So, naturally I turn around and start looking for a bag or something and with out realizing it had taken my foot slightly off the brake. Well, it was enough to hit the person if front of me. Nice! I get out of the car and start telling the guy how sorry I was and that my daughter was puking all over the back of the van ...they just looked at me , spoke basically no English, saw that my van did nothing to their truck, I was left with a permanent hitch mark on the front of mine and they figured it was all good! Yeah no police, just puke and a small dent! Good Times!

3 comments:

Amber Strehle said...

First off I'm SOOO glad halloween is OVER and I'm the worse mom ever..I don't even have ONE pic..oh well. Secondly, LOVE the apron and I'm so glad you had fun with the swap!!

burtons*north said...

HEY YOU! the apron is SO AWESOME, favourite feature? THE DINGLE BALLS. if I had a apron like that I would probably cook, like 150% better....

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I love the apron! Do you sell those? I'd love one of those!!! Let me know!
Also your kids looked darling and man I totally agree about the dressing up thing 4 times. Whoowhee!!!
JoLynn