Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sew in Love







I've recently started sewing again. The last time I sewed, was when I was 10 living in a very small town and participating in their 4H program. We were the Cookie Drops & Needle Knots. I decided to include the picture of me modeling the skirt that I had made. Gotta love the early '80's. My mom had sewn the shirt, I think that is the most impressive part. This past Christmas a friend of mine helped me sew pajama pants for the kids and I loved it. So, I pulled out my old machine that I had bought off a guy that I worked with about 7 years ago and decided to make Isa a dress. I had no instruction manual for this machine and it didn't even have the hem guidelines (3/8 etc.) What was I thinking? So I went to Joanne's because my machine was missing a piece and came out with a new machine. My husband loves me. After many errors (the seam ripper is my best friend) and looking up what everything on the pattern meant that I was clueless about, I finished the dress. Which after putting it on Isa, became a skirt. I love this skirt, unfortunately Isa does not. She wore it once because I begged her. Usually I would be really ticked,and I am a little, but it was so fun and I learned so much that I am getting over it. I did make her a new dress for Valentines Day and she loves this one. The dress looks like a cupcake, but she wears it all the time. My next project, as you can tell I have not been able to stop, was a retro-apron. I love these and decided to make one for my sister-in-law, sorry Em if you are reading this, and it is going to be the death of me. The pattern says Easy. It is a LIE!! Let's just say Em received some pretty lotion and the apron has gone to the -will finish in the future pile.

2 comments:

TZ Crew said...

LOL...LOVE the pic of you in your skirt. I think I remember that skirt. I think its awesome that you are sewing again. I cant wait to be done with school so I can buy a machine and you can show me how to make those stiches!!

Emily said...

I still LOVE my lotions, so no worries with the apron. I have found myself in Joanne's more than once this past week. I am trying to make baby blankets for the new baby. Fun times! We need to get together and have a sewing party!! Love your new blog!