Thursday, March 26, 2009

Strawberries.......


Strawberries were on sale for $.89 at the veggie market so I grabbed some and had forgotten that I had ordered a flat for a fundraiser. Those strawberries showed up last night. Now I have around 12 pounds of yummy strawberries....and they are really ripe. Today I made about a 3month supply of freezer jam. Which I will use some of in this recipe:

LOW-FAT STRAWBERRY -CINNAMON MUFFINS
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
2/3 cup vanilla fat free yogurt
1/4 cup butter melted
3 TBSP. 1% milk
1 large egg beaten
Cooking Spray
1/4 cup strawberry jam
1 TBSP. Sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 375
2.Combine flour through salt in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Combine yogurt, butter, milk, and egg in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
3.Place 12 cup liners in muffin cups; coat liners with cooking spray. Spoon 1 TBSP batter into each liner. Top each with 1 tsp. jam. Top evenly with remaining batter. Combine 1 TBSP sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon; sprinkle over the batter. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes. Remove from pan. Enjoy!

The rest I think will be frozen for smoothies, and this recipe I have to try when it gets really warm...which won't be long here. I found it on this blog.

STRAWBERRY LEMONADE SLUSH

1 cup frozen lemon juice
5 frozen strawberries
water, ice
sugar to taste (it really depends on the sweetness of your lemons and strawberries)
Blend in your blender until smooth (I use my Bosch blender attachment)

2 comments:

TZ Crew said...

Those look like some yummy recipes, too bad my hubby doesnt like strawberries, otherwise I would make them...guess I could freeze them. Thanks for all your wonderful recipes! Love ya

burtons*north said...

ur so rad.