Tuesday, September 16, 2008

San Francisco

I really haven't ditched the whole blog thing. My life has truly been crazy these past few weeks and it is finally starting to calm down a bit. After I babysat my aunts four pugs for four days, had friends over for Indie film night, hosted a family gathering. I had to start getting ready for our week in San Fransisco. This would not usually be a big deal except that we were driving(13 hours, with kids), staying with my sister-in-law who is organic and 98% raw food follower, and where it is 40 degrees cooler then home. Oh, did I mention we were on a budget? What was saved in the envelope was what we had to spend! So, I was a little stressed prepping for the trip, but finally we hit the road with only a few forgotten items, the cord to my camera so I would be able to blog while we were gone..the camcorder...Science Center passes so we could get into the museums for free...oh and my pj's! Guess what...everything worked out and we had a great time. Here are a few photo's etc. from our trip:
We took the train and the bus to Pier 39 and China Town.
Pier 39
We hit Ghirardelli Square for cupcakes..and as I was eating my $3.50 cupcake I kept thinking Chocolate cupcake with caramel filling and ganache frosting ...how hard can it be? So, I promised my husband some by the end of the week . We'll see if I pull it off.
China Town for fake swords, good food and the boys favorite part...Jamues' five bags of smoke bombs!
We went to the Marina spent the day at the Exploratorium.
Walked the bridge.
Went to Marine County which is beautiful and saw Red Wood trees and then even though it was 65 degrees out we went to the beach. I froze and Isa, Greg and Monica collected shells, the boys....swam.

We really did have a wonderful, busy week full of visiting, ethnic food and first time experiences for the kids. Groucho was so happy to have us home, I think he may have been a little stressed...
so thank you to all who looked after him.

2 comments:

Bekah Parker said...

Oh what a fun trip! I would love to go to San Francisco!

Emily said...

I am glad that you guys had a good time despite forgetting a few things! How fun!!!