Friday, October 3, 2008

Pears...and then more pears....




Last night I finished canning 36 quarts of pears. I picked up two boxes on Tues. and they seemed to ripen overnight. Naturally it's when I have 2 kids just getting over the stomach flu and when we are getting the Boston Terrier we are fostering. Yeah! Mom came and saved the day! It was hard work but I loved it. I loved canning with my mom just like I did when I was a kid. Then turning around and that night peeling pears with my son, talking about life, "friendship things", school. I don't remember the conversations I had with my mom but since I never stopped talking I'm sure it was similar. It's amazing how the simple things in life have the most impact.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful pears! I enjoyed canning with my mom this year too. There is so much involved, it's nice when the work can be shared.