Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What's New?

Not much...

* Kids were home for fall break all last week. I don't ever remember taking a fall break ...do you?
We stayed in town and kept busy with little things. We checked out The Riparian Preserve and went to the movies, busted out the new Batman Lego's and we had a good week.
* Ladies night hosted by my talented friend and neighbor. It was all about paper this time so we each picked what we wanted to work on. Here's the results..(Mom did the BOO hanging! Love it!)
We had a great time, lots of chatting and laughs and of course food. I brought one of my favorite dessert breads. Here is the link to the recipe, it makes two loaves...one for home and one to give away..yum! Poppy Seed Bread with Glaze!
* Seriously..but I did actually finish something! Happy Birthday (a little late) to my niece. There may be hope!

* Sewing..I seem to be doing quite a bit lately so here's a few things that have been keeping me busy: I needed to make something from something I had for a church display..so I made my daughter a skirt from a pillowcase. I thought it was cute,she of course, will not wear it. Baby Gifts:

Happy Birthday to three more nieces:These skirts are so easy. No pattern needed..just a little measuring and gathering (and sewing of course).
Now on to the next projects, the garden, yummy pumpkin bread and finishing my swap projects!

3 comments:

Amber Strehle said...

Cute stuff girly;)

Emily said...

We never had fall break either. Does AZ even have Fall? Your stuff is cute. Like the skirts!

Brown Bunny said...

Love the shoes!!