Friday, August 14, 2009

Breakfast Egg Muffins

OK first off...I borrowed the photo. We ate the muffins before a photo opportunity! These are basically what they look like. My sister came to visit and I made these and promised to send the recipe so I thought I would just post it instead. These are a great breakfast, ingredients can be swapped around to make it vegetarian etc. They freeze great so you can just reheat and run.

Breakfast Egg Muffins

3 cups frozen Hash Brown Potatoes
3/4 c. grated cheese (whatever you like)
1 cup diced Ham or Canadian Bacon ( I use just regular bacon when I don't' have ham)
1/4 cup sliced green onions (optional)
4 beaten eggs or 1 cup egg substitute
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
Salt and Pepper to taste

Grease muffin tins. Distribute the shredded potatoes into each cup. Place ham and cheese over the potatoes. Combine eggs, milk and seasoning in blender. Pour over ham and cheese. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I will definitely be trying this recipe! Sounds delicious and looks delicious!

TZ Crew said...

thanks for posting the recipe...they were so yummy. I think I will make them next Saturday for breakfast!!