Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New and Used


Day two of the school year. Usually I am so ready to send the kids and they are ready to start. This year is a little different. Yesterday was a bit harder to let them go. New town, new school, transitioning to public. New is exciting and scary. I kept myself busy. I ran the errands you just avoid with kids. Fabric and thrift store. I went to the Salvation Army next to the fabric store(how dangerous is that?) and they were having a three for a dollar sale! Not everything of course, but since everything else seemed so expensive when there are racks of thirty cent items. I stuck with those. Brought home a big bag of '70's shirts etc. that I am not even sure I am going to wear but who cares....thirty cents!Favorite Shirts!
If anything I will cut the buttons off & add them to my collection. I did find a few items that were not dated. My jacket....thirty cents! I might even be able to justify my spending at the fabric store with all the unnecessary things I picked up at the thrift store for so cheap. Or maybe not.

3 comments:

Bekah Parker said...

Love, love, love the jacket! Holy heck that is so cute. Good luck with this school year. I am sure it will be a great one.

Amber Strehle said...

Big day!! How did the kiddos do?? We need to catch up soon! As soon as I get unpacked and back to my house (visiting my parents) I will give you a holler..so maybe sometime after Christmas..LOL!:)

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I browsed through your past posts because I haven't checked in on you in awhile and I guess I left you a comment just now on one of your post in July. So go back there and read it.

Anyway, I hope your kiddos had a great first few days of school and that everyone is adjusting to a new town, school, church, and everything. Like I said in my comment that I made on one of your posts in July. You are an amazing woman. I admire so much!

Take Care,
JoLynn