Friday, April 18, 2008

A Little Annoyed & A Slightly Darker Shade Of Green


The other day my husband googled my blog and instead of my blog coming up independently, it came up attached to a website that you can blog hop on etc. This would not usually annoy me. The fact that you rate the blogs by beer bottles does. So if you google my blog and you see it attached to this site, be sure and give me five bottles J/K, it's not by my choice. I am trying to get my blog removed.
I can't really say I am even a slightly darker shade of green, but I am trying to do my part. My friend Sharon( who is a great seamstress -she can chat and sew at the same time) & I decided to sew up some bags to take to the grocery store etc. Making the bags has been the easy part, remembering to bring them to the store has been a challenge.
B. Happy Bags ( way cute bags , to cute for me to drop onions in) had some interesting info:
Worldwide, hundreds of billions of plastic bags are consumed each year. Less than 3% are recycled; the rest are clogging landfills, blowing down our streets and threatening wildlife. Because of their negative environmental impact, from manufacturing to disposal, many countries are banning or taxing plastic bag use (as much as 20 cents per bag!). As petroleum based products, the cost of plastic bags will continue to rise, being passed on to consumers. As tax payers, we are also bearing the staggering costs of clean up and disposal, estimated at 5.2 cents per bag.
So, grab a reusable bag and try not to forget it in the car!

3 comments:

Amber Strehle said...

You go green girl!!
So..how much will you sell those bags for??:) And..you got a mention on the most fab blog in all of AZ..MINE!;)

darbs said...

i love being green! way to go A! ps nice a beer bottle rating, way classy interweb.

Email: said...

Hey anna- i just started to read your blog. I have been reading Tia's for a while now. I love your baby shoes. I have a friend that just had a little girl so I will probably be getting into contact with ya. I hope all is well. Tammy