Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Pumkin Pancakes & Dragon Spit


It's April Fools Day and my parents anniversary. I had to post the only photo that survived their photographers screw up. All the other slides did not turn out which is a bummer since you see the bottom half of my moms dress (which looked like a great little 60's dress) or part of a face. At least we have this one and so glad! Happy Anniversary!

I'm also posting a recipe for pumpkin pancakes. Most of us think pumpkin and fall etc. but these are good and we eat them year 'round. In fact, I have a friend who loves these,does not want the recipe but will drive over and pick up the batter when I am willing to make it for her. I also included the recipe for syrup. We had this syrup at my sister-in-laws and loved it. She gave me permission to post it. This syrup is rich you don't even need to butter your pancakes and it's aka Dragon Spit (it froths up)! Enjoy!

PUMPKIN PANCAKES

2 cups flour
3 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups milk (add a little more if you like your batter on the thinner side)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. vinegar

In a separate bowl, mix the milk, pumpkin,egg, oil and vinegar. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt, stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or pan over medium high. Pour batter on the griddle and brown on both sides.


SYRUP AKA DRAGON SPIT

In a large pot (it foams) :
Melt 1 cube of butter, add 3/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup of buttermilk. Bring to a boil, then add 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp baking soda

No comments: