Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Zucchini Bread Recipe & my new dress project



I pulled out my new wheat grinder the other day and I know most will wonder how that could be exciting but for me it is!! I went to buy yeast at the baking supply store and ended up walking out with a wheat grinder and a Bosch. So, I have some serious baking to do to justify myself. I made zucchini bread and I love this recipe so I thought I would share. I make it in mini loaves, muffins, and it freezes well. It uses wheat flour but is still light. I have made this bread many times and while baking this last time I had my first oven fire. Just a wee one. My husband was home and saved the day and the bread was ok to.
I also posted a photo of my new sewing challenge. I am attempting to make this fun dress, which has a zipper, gathers, etc. So far, I am at the zipper. I went to a sewing class last night and the lady said that the zippers on the patterns tend to look Wal-Mart and to use the single side instructions on the package. Whatever, if I follow the pattern, I'm Wal-Mart and if I use the zipper instructions I'm going to jack it up. I need to find a tutorial. I am also going to make the plunge and put some shoes on Etsy. I'll keep ya posted. P.S. If you try the bread let me know what you think.

Zucchini Bread

2 loaves

3 eggs

1 c. vegetable oil

1 ½ c. brown sugar

2 c. grated zucchini

2 tsp. vanilla extract

1 c. all purpose flour

1 c. Whole wheat flour

¼ tsp. baking powder

2 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

3 tsp. ground cinnamon

1 c. raisins (optional)

1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)

¼ c. wheat germ

In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, sugar, zucchini, and vanilla. Mix well.

Add flours, baking powder, soda, salt, wheat germ, and cinnamon; stir to combine.

Stir in raisins and nuts if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.

P.S. I have not made it with the raisins or walnuts and it turns out great. This bread freezes well and works as mini loaves just reduce the time. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Amber Strehle said...

LOVE the flower fabric!! Too cute! Good Luck!!

darbs said...

i love the fabric and can't wait to see the dress! ps weezer came on the radio at a store yesterday and i found myself singing the vocals.... really loudly

tammy said...

I realize this is an old post, but what brand pattern and number is that? I love it! Your things are adorable.

(this is Tia's friend)