Tuesday, November 4, 2008

SPICY BEEF BURROS

If you happened to have the classic pot roast for Sunday dinner and now you need to find a way to use it up these are it. My mom came up with these when she had a house full of kids & teens to feed.

SPICY BEEF BURROS
Tortillas
Leftover Roast Beef
Refried Beans
Pepper Jack Cheese Grated
Any other fixings you like in your burros: guac, sour cream, rice,cheddar cheese

* Break up the leftover pot roast into a skillet and turn the heat on to medium. As the meat warms up stir some salsa into the meat. Make sure the meat is well coated and let it warm evenly.

*Heat up some refried beans.

Take your tortillas spread your beans and then add beef, grated pepper jack cheese, and any other fixings you want! Yum! My mom would make them with just the meat, beans and cheese, wrap them up and throw them in the fridge. Whenever we needed a quick bite we would grab one, heat it up and head out the door to the next activity.

4 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Sounds delicious. I'm definately going to try this. This is just perfect for on Mondays after Sundays with my left over roast and Mondays I work and they are crazy busy days. This is just perfect. Thanks for sharing!
JoLynn

Merilee said...

Hi Greg, hi Anna! I'm so excited to hear from you guys. I'll definitely be keeping up with your blog now. It's so cool to see how you are all doing and crazy to see how big those kiddos are.

ducklips said...

This is Elise. I saw that Greg commented on Merilee's blog using this one and I was so excited. I haven't seen you guys in probably 10 years. Anyway, your family is beautiful and I am going to have to try these burros.

ducklips said...

ok one more thing. i always knew you were awesome but didn't realize how amazingly talented you are. I love your blog.