Friday, September 25, 2009

Sour Cream Coffee Cake



We had a craft gathering at my house recently...paper, modge podge, laughs and food. I served this coffee cake and promised to post the recipe. Enjoy!

Sour Cream Coffee Cake by Jean Pare

1/2 c. butter or margarine ,softened
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. sour cream

1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. finely chopped nuts (I use walnuts)
small handful of coconut (optional-did not put it in for the group, but usually do.)

Cream butter, sugar, and 1 egg together in a mixing bowl. Beat in second egg. Add soda and sour cream. Mix.

In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add to batter. Stir to mix. Put 1/2 batter in a greased 9x9 inch pan, (this recipe does double well if you want to make a 9x13 pan).

Stir brown sugar, cinnamon, nuts and coconut together. Sprinkle half over batter. Spoon second half of better here and there over the all.Sprinkle second half of cinnamon mixture over all. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm.

2 comments:

Amber Strehle said...

I'm super impressed..I think you beat me on the blogging front this week!! (by the way..you need a new blog header!!)

Lifes Delish said...

Tell me about it! I have no clue how to make one and or change it.