Monday, July 7, 2008





We had a very fun and busy fourth of July weekend. We had breakfast at the church and the kids decorated their bikes for the parade.Of course the parade consisted of everyone doing laps around the gym due to the high risk of heat stroke if they had it outside. We had a fun swim party at my sister-in-laws. A storm blew in and it rained and the weather cooled down so we were able to sit outside and visit! It was great.<

I also attended my first knitting class. I am taking knitting for two reasons.
1- Something to do when I am at my kids gymnastics class for and hour and a half. (I don't always have a good book on hand)
2- I am in love with the idea of beanie hats and those skate caps for boys!
So I'm taking this class at The Fiber Factory on Main St.
(Great street filled with all kinds of boutiques etc. If you haven't been in awhile check it out). I'm thinking maybe I'll go to this class and bust out with some serious knitting talent I didn't know I had. Reality check! I am casting on for the third time listening to the other ladies squeal because the purl stitch does make it look like a sweater and comment on how this is relaxing. I am on the verge of a migraine. But, I will prevail, I did finish a few rows and am hoping that my 6 inches of knitting due next week will slightly resemble a stockinette stitch . I will also make a cap it just might not be anytime soon.

4 comments:

Amber Strehle said...

You can do it!!! You WILL be a rockin knitter..then you can give me a refresher course;) Sorry about the heat on the 4th..I won't rub the 75 degree fouth we had:) Miss Ya!!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

It sure is fun to see all things you are doing and making. Man Anna keep it up for me too. I just haven't dove into all of this yet. I sure hope I do one of these days. But for now I will just watch you and ooh and aw over all that you are doing!
Take Care, JoLynn

Emily said...

Please don't be mad, but I snuck Isa another cookie after you told the kids no more. She came up to me with those baby blues and said "I really love those cookies. Can I please have another one?" What was I supposed to do????

TZ Crew said...

I love your new background!!! So cute and very you :)