Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Miracle Grow and yummy Peanut Thai Sauce


Look what my garden grew! I wish I could say it was the result of hard work and loving care but I pretty much forgot about them. One of my kids informed me we had broccoli. This is pretty exciting since it grew on it's own in sand. (The kids were more excited about the inch worms.) Garden fresh veggies are so yummy...just wish everything grew this way!
I also wanted to include this recipe for a Peanut Sauce. This is one of my favorite sauces. I use it as a dip for veggies, or pot stickers. I also will use it as a sauce with noodles and chicken. Yum!Enjoy.

Thai-Style Peanut Sauce
4 cloves of garlic
Juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 TBSP vegetable oil
4 tsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
1 TBSP. red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
1 TBSP onion powder
1 TBSP Asian (dark) sesame oil
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional depends on how hot your kids like things)

1. Peel the garlic. With blender or food processor on , drop the garlic cloves in one at a time, through the opening in the lid. Chop fine.
2. Pour the lime juice into the blender container. Stop the blender add all the remaining ingredients, along with 1/2 cup water. Pulse on high speed until the ingredients are combined, about 5 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the container and pulse 3 or 4 more times. The sauce is ready to use. It can be refrigerated or frozen.
Cheap.Fast.Good. Cookbook

2 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh that looks all way yummy. I am always so impressed with all your yummy recipes and all your sewing and craft projects.

I love all the things you made for the baby showers. Way cute! Boy I'm right there with you. I love to love on these little babies and send them right on home when I'm all done. I'm thinking being a grandma in about 10 years will be quite the life!!! Can you believe that I could easily be a grandma in 10 years. Pretty scary if you ask me!!!
JoLynn

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Hey there!!! I jsut wanted to say that we missed you at the "friend lunch date" this last week. I was hoping to get to see you and visit with you!
I hope you are doing well!
Love ya, JoLynn