Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The New Year

So, now we say good bye to 2008. A year of many changes for myself and for family. Some were good, some heartbreaking, and some triumphant as we see the power of family and friends and how prayer and service make all the difference. I am not a big new years resolution person but this year I am setting some goals. With my kiddo's in school I have alot of time on my hands and I feel this time is a blessing depending on how I use it. One thing is for sure, no more excuses with the getting healthy goals! After 3 weeks of pure indulgence the need for a sugar buzz is worse than ever. It doesn't help that as life continues on and obviously none of us are getting any younger fun little things from those lovely genetics start showing up around you reminding you of the need to take better care of yourself. So, I am hoping alot of this:
Some of this:
Will help me stop the craving for this: Love it!
And yummy desserts like these: (Don't worry recipe to follow!)
So here's to 2009, a chance for change, for growth and no more Dr. Pepper:(!


The Best Layer Dessert Ever!
(Don't let the pistachio throw you. My mom used it one time and we have loved it ever since! You can substitute with pudding of your choice, we have made it with chocolate but still love the pistachio.)

Mix together and press in a 9 x 13 pan:
1 stick of butter
1 c. flour
1 c. finely chopped nuts
Bake 20 minutes at 350. Cool.

2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese ( i have used low-fat but prefer regular)
2 c. powdered sugar
2 c. Cool Whip
Mix. Spread on crust. (Put in fridge while making next layer.)

2 3.5 oz. boxes of Pistachio instant pudding.
2 1/2 c. milk.
Mix. Beat until set. Spread over first layer.(Put in fridge while making next layer)

2 3.5 oz boxs of Vanilla instant pudding.
2 1/2 c. milk
Mix. Beat until set. Spread over pistachio layer.

Cover with remaining Cool Whip. You can sprinkle nuts on the top if you want.
Refridgerate. Enjoy!

This dessert is as tasty for breakfast as cheese cake!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

haha I love how a sugary recipe follows the healthy pledge! I'm on the same path..except I'm trying to get my goal reached in only 5 months! ugh.

burtons*north said...

oh my crap. i am totally making this as soon as ida is born and eating it every meal it looks so good.