Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Roughin' It...not really

I recently returned from doing something I have not done in 20 years...CAMP! I know for some this a typical part of summer but we did not even own a tent. For those of you who know me well you know I am frugal. So yes I could of had the cozy cabin but no, I decided it would be better to invest the money into camping gear. So off we went to the KOA which I discovered is camping with a few nice amenities(showers&bathrooms)and had a great time. I do have to say when it was 34 degrees in our tent I was thinking the cabin may have been the way to go!Here's some photo's of the trip.
Do you notice the rocks? Who thought rocks would be comfortable to drop a tent on? We also forgot a minor detail. A hammer.
Here's the family. My husband has 10 siblings. Three could not make it and one of them is off asking why someone else is setting up camp in her site.

We went to the local deer farm/petting zoo. Feed some deer and one of the mommy deers was having a baby so the kids were able to have the unique experience of seeing part of that.

There was swimming and crafts. Rough camping!



We ended our trip in Sedona at the local swimming hole in the midst of the red rock!We caught tadpoles and swam! It was a great way to end a fun trip.

2 comments:

Emily said...

You go girl! Roughin' it! We missed you at the Fathers Day shindig!

Amber Strehle said...

Looks fun!! Glad you had a great time:) What a fun family pic!!:)