Thursday, June 19, 2008

Limeade


I was at the Ranch Market near my home and they had limes really cheap! I had to make limeade. I love it! The first time I tried it was when we were visiting my husbands aunt in Lima. It is much more refreshing to me than lemonade and doesn't need as much sugar. Here's how to make it:
1 c. sugar
1c.water
1 c. fresh lime juice
In a small pan bring water and sugar just to a boil. Remove from heat and let sit until room temperature. In a large pitcher add sugar water, lime juice and fill pitcher with water and ice. If it is to tart you can always add more water. I like to throw in a few lime slices. Enjoy!
My friend Sharon just had a birthday. She is one of my sewing gf's and so naturally I had to sew her a little something. I saw these little card holders to throw in your purse so your wallet isn't exploding with tons of stuff. So Cute. I whipped one up for her and since it was so easy I had to make one for myself. If you need a tutorial on one of these Splityarn has a great one.

5 comments:

TZ Crew said...

TT would love one of those too and ill pay you too!

Emily said...

Can I just come to your house for the limeade? That picture intimidates me because you make it look so refreshing. I would mess something up. Yum, life IS delish!

emmielou said...

Hey, this is Emily Anderson aka Beatty. I saw your blog on Leah's and just thought I would say hello. Your blog is so dang cute and filled with suck creative fun ideas. Also, I had to add that your 3 little munchkins have grown so much since I was last there teaching in Primary. They are so cute and such a riot. Anyway, say hello to all the ward peeps for me. Oh and I'll have to try that limeade recipe it looks refreshing.

Bunny B said...

Mmmm.. you're making me thirsty! :)

Anonymous said...

this makes me thirsty - could I come over for a sip???