Monday, June 9, 2008

Summer To Do's

It's June & we're half way through the year. I never make new year resolutions (too much stress) but I find myself thinking of all these things I want to accomplish this summer. I decided that maybe if I post them for the world to see I may actually meet a goal or two.
One- I must organize my craft area. I have banned myself from any new sewing projects, etc until I organize myself. This is really killing me since I have 3 dresses, 2 purses, baby shoes and so on running through my head. I came across a website SplitYarn (she has some good tutorials)and she tells you how to organize your fabric stash using the cardboard for comic book collectors. Great idea especially for your fat squares and smaller pieces.
Two- I will avoid the QT .69 cent 32 oz soda's. This is not going well as they seem to call to me as I am melting in my car!!
Three- Canceling my gym membership so I can work out @ home is not going so well. I need to join another gym or really get serious about avoiding the QT and doing something active at home.
Four- Work on my house. I finally after 2 years have furniture in my front room. We love it , found it for a great deal on Craig's List but now I need to make a very modern couch work with an old piano and a wall color I really don't want to change(due to laziness). So, I am looking for the perfect fabric for pillows but if anyone has any decorating ideas I would love to read them.
Five- I think I will stop at four. I am starting to feel a little stressed!

5 comments:

Amber Strehle said...

You go girl!! What an inspiration you are, getting a goal orientated on me;) I LOVE the new sofa and chair..my mind is working right now..we will make it work!!

Jonathan said...

Jealous of your new furniture.

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mariah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Anna, Thanks for the comment and you're officially entered into the drawing. I was reading your blog and I told my hubby and girl that you were Amber's new friend and you just bought a wheat grinder, Bosch and you sew. They both said at the same time "it sounds like she's taking your place!" :-) too funny! just glad the girl has friends, I always worry about that! (kidding)