Friday, June 27, 2008

Lemon Bars


I have yet to find a lemon bar recipe I love as much as my Grandma's. I made them the other day and thought I would share. There are a few things that guarantee success, you must use real butter in the crust, and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Enjoy! These may make your summer a little more delish!

Lemon Bars
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter, soft
Mix well, then pat into a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 mins.

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
6 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon rind
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 cup flour

Beat eggs, add sugar; mix well. Add lemon juice, lemon rind. Fold in baking powder, flour. Pour above mixture over baked mixture; then bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. When done sift powdered sugar over top. When cool cut into squares. I love them cold! Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo ~ YUMMO! Would be great with some of the limade or maybe home brewed, slightly sweetened ice tea. Hey, I have the ice tea! Come on over.

Amber Strehle said...

Looks FAB girly!! Maybe when I return you should have me over for one..or two;)

darbs said...

it's true, these are to die for

tammy said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing! I heart lemon bars but when I made them they didn't turn out, so I'm excited to have a good recipe for them.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh my goodness-ANNA!!! It was so exciting to hear from you!!! It looks like you and your little family are doing very well! You are one amazing lady. Triplets to keep up with and you are so talented. Sewing and cooking-wow! Yeah, I definately will be checking out your blog for your recipies and to see all your cute stuff your making.
We need to get together sometime.
JoLynn