Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Can Do This!! And The Recipe For Cookie Dough Brownies

Today I went to a gf's house with the kids for a play date which was great since I had not seen this friend in awhile do to her many travels. So we are chatting and I notice she is a little more glowy if there is such a word ( not that kind of glowy) and it's not her new fab hair color either. Then I found out why. She has taken the leap. The mostly raw fruits and vegetables, whole grain leap. The leap that has been nagging me for quite some time. So now what? How do I hang out with a glowing healthy getting thinner gf and justify the fabulous toxic food that has been weighing me down? I don't think I can. I may just have to take this leap and join the good side. She has inspired me as she snacked on her whole raw almonds. I do believe for the sanity of my family I will leap when school has started for the kids. That gives me a few days to mentally and physically prepare and then the kids won't have to tolerate my crankiness as much as I chew on my veggies. That said I did receive a request for a recipe. So here is the recipe for yummy Cookie Dough Brownies ( if you haven't leaped yet these are good!)

Cookie Dough Brownies

2 c. sugar 1 c. vegetable oil
1 1/2 c. flour 4 eggs
1/2 c. cocoa (baking) 2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)

Filling:
1/2 c. softened butter 2 Tbsp. milk
1/2 c. packed brown sugar 1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. sugar 1 c. flour

Glaze:
1 c. chocolate chips 3/4 c. nuts (optional)
1 Tbsp. shortening

In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa and salt. Add oil, eggs and vanilla and beat at a medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in walnuts. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Cool completely.
For filling: Cream butter and sugars in a mixing bowl. Add milk and vanilla and mix well. Beat in flour and spread over brownies. Chill until firm.
For glaze: Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a saucepan, stirring until smooth. Spread over filling. Immediately sprinkle with nuts.

5 comments:

Amber Strehle said...

You CAN do it!! Look at you blogging about my raw almonds!! I just wanted a rice crispy treat SO BAD!!! Although when we shop next Tuesday I don't want you to be cranky!! Maybe you should wait until Wednesday:)

Bunny B said...

Mmmm... Yummy!!!

Unknown said...

Love the new look on your blog and your new post made me smile. Hey! I think I know that same gf (I even mentioned her in today's post and yesterdays and ....) ;-) Good Luck on your new challenge!!!!

Bekah Parker said...

Im going to be using this recipe for my next sunday dinner with my roommates. Yum!

Emily said...

I could never do it, so MORE POWER TO YOU!!! (I think that you glow anyway!)