Tuesday, August 12, 2008

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things....

You know how there are just little things in your week that make you smile...well, here are a few of mine since the last time I've blogged.
The first day of school. Yes, it's a beautiful thing...not just for me but for them they were definitely needing a change of pace. I know in about a week I'm going to miss them a bit but I must say I have really been loving the past few days.

Don't they look thrilled? Of course this is the only one where everyone is clear. I don't know if I just take crappy photos or if I had changed the setting on my camera inadvertently.
The MAC Pro my husband picked up on craig's list. She is beautiful and she has photoshop cs. Sigh..now I just need to learn how to use her. My husband has not been able to do anything else he has fully converted to the MAC side. I will take the plunge soon,watch the tutorials and will be a MAC user before long.(ichatting with my sister really made me smile, I have not seen her for awhile, now she is just a click away.)

Having friends over for dinner and having a great time! I tried a new recipe Amazing Brown Rice Salad Yum! If you double the recipe just use 1 1/2 cups of the balsamic vinaigrette. I'm thinking next time I will add some pecans or pine nuts.

Little thinking of you just because. Love the button!
Given a subscription to Family Fun magazine. Tons of cute crafty ideas!

Perfect No Bake Cookie for breakfast! Sometimes these turn out dry, or they don't set up depending on if you got the boiling time just right. they were perfect this batch. Love dessert with breakfast. (Not around my kids of course!)

I rarely buy movies, but I love this one and saw it in a bargain bin so I had to buy it! I finally had a chance to watch it again and if you haven't seen it you should check it out! Hopefully you will enjoy it!
Last only because it happened today. Spending a whole day hanging out with a gf and going from Goodwill to Anthropolgie (which just opened up by my house).Major visual stimulation. So much fun!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

the pic of your kids is adorable - bet it would be fun in sepia tones - the recipe looks yummy - ...and anthropologie is my fav!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

How fun for you. I hope you are enjoying yourself. We really need to get together sometime soon!
JoLynn

Amber Strehle said...

I LOVE the pic of the kiddos..they look oh-so thrilled!!:)
Can't wait to see the new surger in action!!