Friday, August 22, 2008

Lunch Alone..... Again!

The kids have been in school for a few weeks now and I have to admit I am having a harder time this year than last. I think it's because I had the kids half day for part of the year and then my husband was home when they went full day as he was 2nd shift. Now it's just me. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty to do and crafting ADD is in full force. I have projects partly done and thoughts all over the place . There is just something about making myself lunch and sitting there eating by myself that is taking some getting used to. I need to get used to it. This will be my life for a long time. As far as my inability to focus on my sewing projects, I did finish a few. I whipped up a couple headbands, one for a friend and one for a gift. I wear these all the time because they are wide and look good with short or long hair. Speaking of long hair, thought of you Becca P. You need one of these cuties so I will whip you up one! I also finished a matching shoe and bib set for a friend of mine and I did this decorative stitch around the edge and it was a baseball print fabric and I forgot to take a picture!
A Few Of My Favorite Things:
*I have not had TV for over a year now and do not regret my decision. I have been able to catch the few just can't miss shows (Lost), on the major networks websites. ABC, NBC, and FOX all show current full episodes. Bravo on the other does not! So, I have missed Project Runway... until now! Yeah! neolimmik83 on Youtube show all the current episodes and you can even view them on high quality. It's broken onto 4 segments but who cares.. no commercials!
*Friend who dreads school skate parties as much as I do so we ditched and took the kids to the pool! Had a great time!
*My new fabrics! I was talked into the Floral and Polka-Dot combo. It's really growing on me! I'm thinking maybe a little scripture or notebook tote.When I saw the scooter I thought of my friend Darbs! Hmmm...
*The dresser I picked up from a neighbors front yard who was donating it. I had to push it down the street on a dolly (sp) with a flat tire in 180 degree weather. But it will be worth it when I paint it white and add some funky knobs! My little girl will love it!
*I love these bars! They are fiber candy bars. My grocery store has had them on sale for a few weeks for $1 a box. Do you think if the world was coming to an end I could survive on these? I sure am stocking up like I could! *My husband found this website pandora.com and it is a site that will stream music for free. You pick a few of your favorite bands or songs and it will create a station for you based on your choices. You can add more variety, mark if you do or do not like a song. I don't have an ipod yet so I just have this playing on my laptop or computer and there are no advertisements! Love It!

6 comments:

Bekah Parker said...

Anna call me and we can go to lunch. I wish I would thought of that. Today would have been the best day. And those head bands are so cute! I have actually been looking for some the last couple of weeks but couldn't find the right size ones. I need one of yours!!

Amber Strehle said...

Man you have such cute girlfriends!! It's so funny you posted about Pandora!! We just found it and we LOVE IT!! It's constantly on the laptop:) LOVE the dresser..I can picture it painted now..craft day next week?? No alone lunches that day!

Bunny B said...

Cute fabric!! :) And that dresser looks nice! Have a great weekend, dear!

Anonymous said...

hey! that friend is my friend too! love the fabric - just love it! Happy Sewing

Martineau Family said...

Just found your blog and I am loving it!!! Those cute fabric headbands are to die for. I want one and I know Megan will totally want one. She is into headbands! I also need to get a cute little pair of your shoes for my newest (and last) baby Becca. We really need to get together sometime...my kids miss hanging out with you three kiddos.

Clement Family said...

Yo Anna, nice blog I found you through JoLynn. I stalked you for a while and love what you do with fabric. I had no idea. You are truly gifted. and I Love Pandora also. I listen to it all the time. I like deezer too. give it a try.
Take care-Robyn