Monday, August 4, 2008

Vacation @ Home!

I was on vacation last week. My husband says it's not really a vacation , more like just some days off since we stayed home. It was our first non vacation and it was great. I had read an article in a magazine about a family that stayed home, hired a housekeeper for the week, had in home massages, daily activities but the comfort of their own beds. I did not have the luxury of hiring a housekeeper or getting a massage but I did have the comfort of my own bed, catnaps, and fun activities with the family.
We had a BBQ with friends, X-Box marathon, finished some much needed projects,caught a movie. We took the kids to a local pool and they loved it.

We also hit the Science Center for their Grossology Exhibit. All about the gross things our bodies do.
There were lovely things to smell...
Yes, grown adults were partcipating not to mention my son..
So, as you can imagine the kids had a great time and actually learned a thing or two. We decided not to camp and just take a day trip up to the water hole again. We swam and fished for crawdads. Grandma and Grandpa came and even rode in the van with us. They quickly took up our offer to let them drive home and we sit in the back with the kids. Good Times!

School starts in a few days and my crafty project list is getting long. Will miss the kiddo's but looking forward to a crafty thing or two or three. If you don't see a blog posted for a bit or the phone is not being answered after the kids go to bed it's because this has arrived:
A book I know I will like.

1 comment:

Amber Strehle said...

Yay for home vacations!! Looks like a fun one..although I don't think I would have liked the smell part very much YUCK!!