Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thunder & Lightning

We had the most amazing thunder storm last night. I woke up around 3 am and the house was shaking. I was wondering if my kiddo's would wake up and sure enough the fast pitter patter of feet were coming down the hall. We had all 5 of us in the bed last night. Thank goodness it didn't last to long. My kids are taking up alot more room than they used to!
We went to the Abuelo's last night to help clean out a room and my abuela was going to give her viking sewing machine to the Goodwill! I inherited it and am so excited! It's an oldie but I will be able to go where my cheapie singer could never take me! No more jamming and borrowing my friends machine to sew through anything thick! I also picked up a used serger and I am set! Now I just need to actually finish some projects! I did finish a wedding present well sort of.. I needed a little thinking of you for a couple I know from church. I decided to make a napkin set(handmade pledge!) which is fine but the matching case I found a tutorial for on sewmamasew.com
is so cute and I did not have time to make it! Cute gift idea you can find it under their tutorial contest winners on their blog!
My friend Amber saw these cute earrings at Urban Outfitters and made some (and then sweetly gave them to me!!)! Are they not the coolest little earrings ever! Love it!!
I also had my nephew over this weekend! Of course it was Rockband night and pancakes with dragon spit (buttermilk syrup) the next morning! We are excited to see him again in September when we hit San Fransisco!
Oh Tia! Lookie what I have for you!

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

We woke up around 3am too and watched the storm out of our living room window for a few minutes.

Amber Strehle said...

Thanks for the shout out:)

TZ Crew said...

Your the best THANK YOU! I cant wait to wear it!

Amber Strehle said...

So go check out my blog..you won't be disapointed!!